Home Page » About Us » Who are we?
Who We Are & Our History
The Lane Cove Music & Cultural Association Incorporated was established in 1994 with the remit to foster community cultural development by the provision and management of accessible and affordable cultural programs and rehearsal facilities for the community of Lane Cove
We were established at our present location in a former bowling club building at 266 Longueville Road on a peppercorn rental from Lane Cove Council. A Capital Works Grant from the NSW Ministry for the Arts , extensive community donations of cash and in-kind goods enabled us to set up the present facilities and commence our creative programs.
The Association is managed by a volunteer Board of Directors under President Margo Easton
The Centre programs, finances and facilities are managed by our full time Artistic Director and Administrator, Robyn Mah.
We are a not-for-profit organisation and hold an Authority to fundraise for charitable purposes (CFN 13994); we are endorsed as a tax-deductible gift recipient under subdivision 30-BA of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1097; our ABN is 83 309 790 184 and we are on the Register for Cultural Organizations (R O C O).
Our Auditors are: Foster Raffan Chartered Accountants, North Sydney.
Our programs change from year to year but presently include:
- Music Tuition Program: Individual music tuition in Piano (Traditional and Suzuki) Guitar (Traditional and Suzuki) Violin, Viola, Clarinet, Saxophone, Oboe, Flute, Recorder, Keyboard, Voice, Musicianship and Composition.
- Performance Program: Children’s performance series consisting of 8 -10 student recitals per annum.
- Choral Program: weekly adult choral group, rehearsals, workshops and concerts
- Professional Recitals: Usually 4 each year and within the festival programs.
- Small Art Exhibition Series and provision of an Art Space: for 11 -12 solo artists or small group exhibiters.
- Special Projects /Events for Seniors: NSW Seniors Week Event held annually. Special one-off funded projects or events involving art, music, language, mosaic making, art exhibitions or recitals.
- Involvement in Community Festival Events: Active participants in the Cameraygal Festival, Harmony Festival, Kaleidoscope Festival and Lunar Festival coordinated by Lane Cove Council.
- Facility Hire: Provision of studios, a recital hall and grand piano hire services for rehearsals and concerts.
- Community Information Services – for local cultural opportunities, local festival details, and parental advisory service in music education, examinations, Eisteddfods and recitals.
- Participator in the Lane Cove Council Cultural Advisory Committee, assisting Lane Cove Council in local community cultural development planning and implementation.
- Host / Affiliations : Aqua Luna Choral Group, Lane Cove Camera Club, Yasuki Nakamura: Suzuki Method, Lane Cove Youth Orchestra, and many individual community music teachers and visual artists.