The Lane Cove Music and Cultural Association Incorporated was established in 1994 with the remit to foster community cultural development by the provision and management of accessible and affordable cultural programs and rehearsal facilities for the community of Lane Cove
The association was originally established in a former bowling club building at 266 Longueville Road on a peppercorn rental from Lane Cove Council. A Capital Works Grant from the NSW Ministry for the Arts , extensive community donations of cash and in-kind goods enabled us to set up the facilities and commence our creative programs.
The association has recently relocated to a purpose built facility located in the Little Street Community Facility, 1 Pottery Lane, Lane Cove, which includes 6 new studios, a small performance space, an enlarged office and access to an adjoining large performance space seating 150 people with a grand piano. This new space is the result of a partnership with Lane Cove Council to improve cultural facilities for the community, as recommended in the Lane Cove Cultural Plan of 2006.
The Centre programs, finances and facilities are managed by our full time Artistic Director and Administrator, Robyn Mah.
We are a not-for-profit organisation and hold an Authority to fundraise for charitable purposes (CFN 13994); we are endorsed as a tax-deductible gift recipient under subdivision 30-BA of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1097; our ABN is 83 309 790 184 and we are on the Register for Cultural Organizations (R O C O).
Our programs change from year to year but presently include: